- 1.5 lbs shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1/2 stick butter, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 small zucchini, cut julienne (about 2 cups)
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 Tbs basil, cut chiffonade
- salt, to taste
Peel and devein the shrimp. Saute onions over medium heat in 2 Tbs butter until soft and translucent. Add zucchini and continue cooking until zucchini is soft. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp start to turn pink. Add tomatoes and season with salt. Cook until tomatoes are heated through and shrimp are done. Remove from heat and stir in 2 Tbs butter. Serve in shallow bowls and sprinkle with fresh basil. Bonus points if you serve with a loaf of fresh bread to sop up the juices.