I used all that pretty fresh spinach from the P.H.E.L.P.S. mk1 to make this tuna and white bean salad based on a recipe from Donna Hay’s New Food Fast. She uses lime juice in place of the rice vinegar for the dressing (I would have too, but I was out of limes–the rice vinegar added a nice sweetness, so I’ll probably do it this way again).
- fresh spinach
- grape tomatoes
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans tuna in olive oil (Use the good stuff, and do not under any circumstances be tempted to use tuna in water. The less said about that abomination the better.)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs rive vinegar or lime juice
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- fresh ground pepper to taste (I like fresh white pepper; YMMV)
Arrange spinach on two plates. Top with tomatoes, cucumbers, tuna, and white beans. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top. Mix Vinegar (or lime) with olive oil and pepper; drizzle over salads.