This was pretty good, and gave us some colorful vegetables now that it’s early spring and we’re ready for summer food, which still won’t be here for months. As Claire noted, this was good, but would be significantly better with the addition of a few capers, some chopped kalamata olives and perhaps a bit of lemon zest.
Adapted from a recipe of a package of pasta:
- 1 lb. conchiglie or other short, chunky-type pasta
- 1/2 lb. green beans, cut in half crosswise
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans tuna in olive oil (use the good stuff! no tuna in water)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- chopped fresh parsley
- freshly ground white pepper
Cook pasta in boiling salted water. just before it is finished, add green beans to blanch.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, saute for one minute, then add remaining ingredients and cook until heated through. Season with salt and white pepper to taste.